Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cloud computing, I don't understand how it is practical?

Hello



I have heard that we will not have all our data on a computer operating system, such as Windows 7 anymore in some years to come; but we will instead be accessing and editing our data online.

So, we would have to use an online Word or online Excel, or online what ever else.



I very strongly feel the need to be able to oversee and control anything that is my personal belonging and any other assets that I have. In this case, the reason that is important is because I would be concerned about security and data loss.

If a terrorist attacked the storage centers of the clouds content, or there was a major security penetration such that all our data was lost; then years of information could be wiped out. Not to mention the problems with our privacy.

Then there is the problem with the cloud service providers charging to rent the use of Word, and then a different charge to rent Excel, and a different one for such and such.

Then there are problems with passwords and logging in errors, which can lead to accounts getting destroyed and corrupted; which is what has happened on YouTube to me.

Other problems could strike, such as natural disasters.

I can think of innumerable threats to my data, and I will have no way to oversee such threats; and it would make me feel extremely vulnerable information security wise.



I must have some way to be able to at least store my data, and would also really want offline programs to run them; and for that it would require storage space and a computer that has a significant memory for such storage.



If people start using this cloud, how would I go about doing this?

I could buy old computers cheap; but in 50 years time, the odds of them working correctly and having programs that function on them is close to zero.

I guess if these threats affect cloud computing, people will revert to traditional computer methods; and so using old computers this way would tide me over.



What do you think?

I am very very concerned, and I need to know how to maintain control over my data.



CREEDCloud computing, I don't understand how it is practical?
i think of my Yahoo account as being cloud based. my Q%26amp;A is sold by Yahoo to send advertising to the little ad boxes. i get a lot of adds selling me Excel :o)



the convenience of the cloud is its selling point. users can run Googledocs spreadsheet (Excel-like for now) on their Android...and not need a Dell with Windows running apps.



Employees working from home, beach, spa or India will be easier than ever.



you wont be renting Excel...it will be about licensing...same as it is now. the license will be worded differently.



1 issue...when the internet goes down...you are stuck out in the cold. no work will get done. just nothing.

another issue is security. personally, i wouldnt put anything worth money up in the cloud...hackers will rob me blind. i am less secure than Citibank, Sony and the Pentagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment