Saturday, March 10, 2012

I have a question about pricing and availability of cloud computing, do you know what is suitable?

I am thinking about an optimal way for my server. I need a huge bandwidth (for multimedia) and also enough CPU resources (for encoding/decoding), that is public, it means both are very high. I don't know if I should think about Amazon or something you suggestion. I want it to be a linux sever (I want a virtual server).

Can anyone help with this?I have a question about pricing and availability of cloud computing, do you know what is suitable?
First off, what are you doing with this multimedia server? Is it just going to be a data bank for videos and gaming? Is this for friends to use or cloud gaming?



Also, servers are very expensive costing around $2000 and more. As for the operating system, which linux OS do you plan to use? If you want virtual capabilities on your server, you need to use a bare metal supervisor like ESXi. It can get complicated and expensive for what you plan to do. Try researching a bit more on virtualization.

No comments:

Post a Comment