Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cloud Computing the end of IT career?

I recently just got a certified as a Microsoft Systems Engineer and Cisco certified as well and I am working to upgrade to Server 2008 soon this year. I'm going to graduate college in another year so I'm not really working a full time career other than part time.



However I'm reading all this stuff about Cloud Computing and this and that and I've got to wonder if I am wasting all my effort and time if my certs and what I'm learning now will not be in demand 5 to 10 years from now.



Cloud Computing basically removes all the IT from the business to one massive securely controlled data center which essentially throws any need or demand of IT support or admin/system's support out the window because everything will be done online ect.



I'm also not sure how Microsoft will encounter this in their server products post 2012 either.



So am I wasting my time or will my skills be in demand in the future?Cloud Computing the end of IT career?
I've been working in IT for over 20 years now. Think there's been rumblings about cloud computing for at least the last 10 or so.



There's always rumblings about technology that promises to make our lives easier and reduce the number of jobs for any given position.



There's no end in sight of needing good people in IT. (think you might want to get some Unix/Linux certs though).



Best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment