Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What's so bad about cloud computing?

I heard it will kill Windows and Mac OS X, it will force us to use internet and pay per application, which it is stupid! I don't want to use cloud computing in future. I don't want to have to connect the internet to just use it. Will it ruin most of good tech jobs?What's so bad about cloud computing?
I think it's the future of computing. Having all of your resources to you at all times is a huge advantage.
I view cloud computing as another channel. Apple will announce cloud music, wherever you be, you can fetch dat tune and wozza the crowd on your iApple iHardware. The limitation will be the video which is what people will want. Video because of its high bandwidth will have unpredictable fetching. The idea though, is you will be able to dial home and connect to your TV. How your TV is connected will give either buffering -- play -- pause/buffering -- play -- pause/buffering etc., or banding or even live streaming with good results.



This idea that users will rent software on a per usage basis from the cloud just doesn't look feasible. I will never own a Microsoft portable device primarily because MS goes out of their way to engineer incompatibility.



Good tech jobs? Maybe not, but like the App Stores for iPhone and Android, cloud computing should let the little guy make a one-hit wonder. Again, I just don't see MS following that marketing model and they will be arriving late into the game with nothing new or better. MS is what it is because of OEM Windows and twisting the arms of the hardware manufacturers. MS comes in with a dead-duck phone company (Nokia) and the hardware needs a totally new design, so watch out for bugs.What's so bad about cloud computing?
wel it will kill Windows for sure. Mac OS X is actually adjusting to use cloud computing to its advantage. the pure nature of windows will cause it to die though. the time of the PC is slowly ending. Someday we will not have computers. just terminals. a keyboard, mouse, speakers and monitor. All processing and data handling will be done on a superserver and sent to our terminals from fiber optic cables at near light speed. If you want to upgrade your processor, all you have to do is extend your cloud account.

You will be able to access your computer and its apps from anywhere in the world. I think its a great new technology and Mac will be at the center of it all. Windows will slowly die out due to it being "handicapped" unable to talk to other computers and share each others apps.
Yeah it'll kill Windows....NOT. Microsoft is already well into the cloud game. There are online versions of the office applications and various other cloud bases MS apps. Windows 8 is rumored to feel more like a smartphone interface than your traditional desktop as well.



Personally I don't have anything against cloud computing, but I don't like to rely on it. Currently I can type up an estimate for customer at any time at any of my computers. With cloud apps I could type an estimate from any computer with an internet connection. Yet if there is a storm that knocks out the internet for a day or so I'm out of luck. I can't type it without access to my cloud apps where I could type it with a regular installed program and hand deliver it instead of relying on the internet.



Cloud computing with have it's advantages but also it'd drawbacks. I think you'll find the majority of people will be hesitant to rely on it without some sort of system to fall back on.What's so bad about cloud computing?
I don't like the idea, but this exactly is the reaction many have when they hear something knew, especially in terms of technology. I just have an idea about the files not being as secure and that one day, it'll crash and everything will be missing; it'll all be on servers instead. I know that our hard drives can crash, but I'm worried everything will crash and more than one computer's files will be gone. But that's just me.
  • little ceasars
  • haynes repair manual
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment